Monday, January 09, 2006

Adios 2005



See ya. It was a good year, I'll spare the recap of all 365 days, but I'll look back on it with very fond memories. We spent our Christmas in Massachusetts and then headed up to New Hampshire for some much needed time in nature and to ring in the New Year with some excellent friends. We snowshoed in the Great Gulf Wilderness area (one of our favorite White Mountain spots) next to the Peabody River and found excellent views of Mount Washington and Mount Madison. We also explored the old Cedar forests around Christine Lake and the area around the hypnotic Crystal Falls. All day on New Years Eve day Damien was perfroming beautiful 360s on his snowboard off of a jump he had built in the backyard. Later, with a half hour left until the new year, he went out to celebrate 2006 on a sled, hit that very same jump on his belly and broke a rib (or 2, we're not sure). Sadly, he missed snowboarding the next day at Sunday River. Fortunatley, he is finally starting to heal up, but if you see him, resist the Python hugs.
Yesterday we went to the Body Worlds exhibit in Toronto, and you haven't heard of it, check this out: http://www.bodyworlds.com/ Wow. Also had a good Ethiopian lunch. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica, I went to the web site for body works. WOW I am amazed. It was interesting to say the least.

I hope that maybe Damien learned a thing or two,JK. I hope he is feeling better. C-ya soon
MJS

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of myself for finally getting into this!
Katherine

Ms. S. said...

Yeah! Glad you made it to my blog Katherine!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erica, I'm going to that Bodyworlds exibit when it comes to Denva in a couple of weeks! talk to you soon
carrie