Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bringing the Wicked to Virginia



Ed & Juliette, our dear sweet peas, drove down here from Northampton MA, and brought the "wicked" with them. I easily fell back into using my native Mass lingo and we really did have a wicked awesome time together. We went to the bald cypress swamp out by Virginia beach, rode our bikes around Bell Isle here in Richmond, ate lots of wicked delicious vegan food together (including Ethiopian mmmm), explored the city, clotheslined a few coffees, and just enjoyed each other's good company. We miss you wicked bad!



For my birthday (which is the same day as my dad's) Damien got me a beautiful whitewater kayak paddle. I thought that was it. I was so excited I said I wanted to go look online right then for whitewater kayaks (we only had 1 whitewater boat, in case you're wondering our other boats are for flatwater- so the paddle was the perfect impetus to finally go ahead and buy a 2nd whitewater boat). We ran inside to get to the computer, and I took a step backward when I saw a beautiful kayak sitting on the kitchen floor! It had a giant pink bow on it. What an amazing present. Here's a picture of me using it on the James River after a set of rapids you can't really see in the distance. I've named her Clementine.


There is officially only one month left in the school year!

Happy Mother's Day too to our extradordinary mothers.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a totally wicked awesome kayak:) you two will definately get a lot of good use out of those in the river! ed and i had a wonderful time and we look forward to seeing you two soon!!!!!!!
peace,
juliette

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,

I really feel how great the traveling is!!

The sounds of river always make me feel peaceful and calm. Nice to see your photos and words.

Happy Birthday :)

Miss

Yang

Ms. S. said...

Hi Juliette & Yang! I miss you two wonderful women. We had a ball with you Moores! Yang- it's so exciting to hear that you are teaching children! I suspect that you offer them beautiful opportunities to understand the world. love, erica

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,

All my kids love drawing many symbles on the board,and they love to see the map, try to find out the places they know and they do not know.then say something and guess. They are so excited. Sometimes, they are very naughty, and I try my best to make a safe and warm environment. So I do not think any poems now. Next time. Hope I have more time to share with you. Love. Yang