Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mountain Rendevous

We certainly are very fortunate to be able to have a beautiful getaway close to home. We got a chance to see our homies for a weekend in the mountains of West Virginia, where Jimmy Lisowski and his friends (who now have become our friends too) own a gorgeous cabin. Chris was there and even Bob Klug and Bella came for a side trip on their move from Buffalo to Hudson, NY. It was marvelous to be able to be with such awesome people (and dogs)! The picture above is the view we got on what was definitely the most adventurous portion of our weekend. Damien, Chris, Bob, Jimmy, and I went on a crazy 12 mile mountain biking excursion. It was steep and treacherous. It was difficult and exhilarating. It was so rocky, wildly exhausting, and the views were brilliant! When we finally had arrived at the expansive vista, our tired bodies and spirits were uplifted and we knew we'd actually survive the journey. This was after we met the thunder and lightening storm and torrential downpours as we rode along the highest point on the ridge. The last two miles were amazing single track through blooming Mountain Laurel, purple slate, and mossy switchbacks. We all had wounds, stories of flying through the air with our bikes left behind us, scars from timber-bashing, sore wrists from maneuvering over large boulders, and giant grins on our faces. It was truly great.




We spent the rest of our time together relaxing, swimming, eating, and enjoying each other's company.
When we got home, Damien helped me build some brick planters for my little garden and we added some potted jade and peat moss. Sure feels like summer down here.


3 comments:

Yang said...

Hey Sally,

Wow!! It is very nice to see the beautiful screen forests. I like to see you all. Look so great!! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with me. :)

Miss

Yang

Ms. S. said...

Hi Yang! I saw your blog. You look great and I enjoyed seeing you telling stories to the kids! How's Taiwan these days? We miss you! We wish you could come visit and explore the forests with us. Love, Erica

Yang said...

Hey Sally,

If I visit the beautiful green forests , meet your friends, share music and feelings, enjoy poems, listen to the river, care and support each other, see how you are? That would be so wonderful! :)

We had good memory in Taiwan together. I feel very lucky because I met you and D. Your friendship always warms my heart.

In my city, cicadas are singing. Moxa and calamus on the front door, rice Dumplings, hsiung huang wine and boat races with the rhythm of pounding drums are popular. The Dragon Boat Festival was on last Tuesday. It is a very hot summer now.

I haven't been to North America. The series "Macgyver" are there. I liked to see the programs when I was little.

Good imagination for your city are on my mind because of your charming description. Hope I have chance to visit you next year. Miss you and D very much.

Big Kisses and Hug,

Yang